Your outer journey may contain a million steps;
your inner journey only has one: the step you are taking right now.
My background is in person-centred counselling, which means that a trusting, warm and empathic relationship between you and me is essential. When we agree on a problem to focus on, then we can start using cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) to examine your feelings and thoughts and see what can be done to help.
Working together to question what’s going on, we can explore which changes in your life will make you feel better.
After my first career in industry, I worked as a voluntary advisor at the Citizens Advice Bureau. I then trained as a therapeutic counsellor, after which I started work with recovering drug addicts and alcoholics at a residential rehab centre and at Turning Point in Bridgwater.
Awarded by the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB):
- Diploma in CBT Skills and Theory
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Other training and continuing professional development:
- Advanced Certificate in Relationship Therapy
- Child protection and safeguarding children
- Motivational interviewing
- Working with the inner child
- Safeguarding and boundaries in counselling
- Domestic abuse
- Working systemically in groups
- Counselling endings